I'll be online for about half an hour to test out GTGD S2 on the days listed below. Please do come and join me or start a server of your own. Hope to see you then.
21/03/14 21:00 GMT Session Concluded 22/03/14 21:00 GMT Session Concluded 28/03/14 21:00 GMT Session Concluded 29/03/14 21:00 GMT Session Concluded
The content for Series 2 is complete and you can try out the built prototype in the downloads section. At the moment I think I can develop the tutorials for GTGD S2 by July 2014. My intention is to make it a Steam exclusive release.
Here's a list of the main topics that will be covered in series 2:
1. How to build and deploy your own reliable Unity Master Server at no cost so that you don't need to rely on the Unity Test Master Server nor pay for expensive third party networking solutions. Your users will be able to host their own public game servers and players will be able to see those public game servers thanks to your Master Server.
2. Smooth mecanim animation across the network. Running, strafing and jumping animations covered and with a focus on minimizing the amount of data sent across the network. Server type is non authoritative.
3. Simple but powerful camera with the following features:
- 1st person and 3rd person views with smooth zoom.
- Orbit so that you can rotate the camera around your player.
- Collision avoidance
- Player model head tilts with camera
- Works in multiplayer and single player
- Basic over the shoulder option.
4. Simple player database that doesn't rely on buffered RPCs.